SkillsLogic Develops the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform
The Enhance Digital Teaching Platform has been designed to help develop teaching and training practice using technology across the Further Education (FE) and Training sector.
Enhance was commissioned by the Education and Training Foundation (ETF), the sector-led, government-backed workforce development body for the Further Education and Training Sector and launched in January 2019. It offers free to use modules to support innovation in teaching and training and to improve learner outcomes.
An overview of the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform
Key features of the ETF’s Enhance Digital Teaching Platform include:
- Free, bite-size, certified online self-learning training modules mapped to the Digital Teaching Professional Framework (DTPF).
- An achievements badge system to reward Exploring, Adopting and Leading.
- A user-centred, mobile-first design to make it easy for you to access anywhere and anytime on any device.
- Facilities to build a community of practice.
- The training modules are designed to improve use of technology in teaching and assessment to improve learners’ experiences and learner outcomes. Modules are grouped into categories and mapped to the seven elements of the Digital Teaching Professional Framework
Vikki Liogier, ETF's Head of Learning Technologies, said:
"We are encouraged by the number of training sessions that have already taken place on the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform. It shows how important it is to teachers and trainers to help develop their practice."
Daniel Barnes, Director at SkillsLogic, said:
"Enhance was built quickly by utilising the features of our Skillsby eLearning platform. Support for SCORM learning content, and managing the learner journey was leveraged, so we could focus our efforts on the friction-less access and digital badging features."
For further information and to make use of the free training modules visit the Enhance Digital Training Platform website.