How the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform is being used
The Education and Training Foundation (ETF), the sector-led, government-backed workforce development body for the Further Education and Training Sector's free EdTech offer Enhance is underpinned by the National EdTech competency framework, the Digital Teaching Professional Framework (DTPF) and is used to support teachers and trainers in using educational technology.
Key features of the platform include:
- Free, bite-size online training modules mapped to the DTPF.
- An achievements badge system to reward Exploring, Adopting and Leading as set out in the DTPF.
- A user-centred, mobile-first design to make it easy for you to access training anywhere, anytime and any device.
- Facilities to build an online community of practice.
Matthew Gordon, Waltham Forest College explains how the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform has benefited the college.
There's no requirement to sign up to start accessing resources, however there are benefits to users who register:
- Track your learning by recording modules started and completed
- Earn and receive badges which will evidence your professional development
- Rate individual modules and provide feedback on them (trip advisor style)
- Receive recommendations for which modules to engage in next
- Participate in the online EdTech community of practice
- Create your personal profile
How ETF's Bespoke LMS has been used during the Covid19 outbreak:
The Enhance Digital Teaching Platform has received unprecedent levels of use during the Covid19 period. ETF have run a number of online webinars on developing the knowledge, skills and understanding required for teaching and learning online. These webinars also introduce learners to specific Enhance learning modules. More information about their resources to support remote working are available here.